Book fairies in the UK and the US had the absolute delight of sharing copies of A Natural History of Fairies in all its glory!
Book Fairies on both sides of the Atlantic fluttered their wings to hide many copies of A Natural History of Fairies to cheer people up in November! Book fairies love to work together so the chance to hide this beautiful book in the UK and America in the same month was too good to pass up! The sunshine was out on both sides of the pond, and the gold of the cover attracted a lot of attention! We hope the finders really enjoy their new books.
About A Natural History of Fairies:
This enchantingly illustrated natural history of fairies, compiled in the 1920s by the botanist Professor Elsie Arbour for her niece, is now unveiled for readers of today. Featuring a gold foil-embossed cloth cover, a ribbon marker and sprayed gold edges, this gorgeous volume is filled with colourful sketches and precise notes detailing the secret life of fairies and their important role in the natural world. Inside, you will discover the wide and wonderful array of different species of fairy around the globe and explore where and how they live.
Delight in this hidden world as you learn all about:
- The anatomy of a fairy (Land-based fairies have individual, separated toes, just as humans do.However, many species of water fairy have webbed feet.)
- The life cycle of a fairy (When walking in the heather, be careful of the tiny flutterpillar of the Wicklow Fairy, decked out in greens and purples.)
- Clever fairy camouflage (Reed fairies living in wetlands usually wear striped clothes to hide among the tall reeds.)
- Fairies around the world (Meet the Lily Hopper of sub-Saharan Africa, the Queen Fairy of New Guinea, the Penguin Fairy of the Antarctic and many more.)
- Fairy habitats (Fairies make their homes in all types of places: woodlands, jungles, deserts, the Poles and even human homes.)
Concludes with a reminder that we must protect the endangered habitats of fairies, and all other creatures too, this is a book to be treasured for a lifetime.
We love hearing from people who have found books hidden by book fairies! Here are just a couple of them.
Not lucky enough to find a book?
Don’t worry! You can order your own copy of this treasure here on BookShop.org UK or here on BookShop.org US. Buying from BookShop means you’re supporting independent bookshops around the UK or US!
Would you like to be a book fairy?
It’s easy to get started as a book fairy where you live! It’s the perfect way to share some joy, especially during tricky times. Get started by grabbing a set of stickers and anything else you fancy! Every order comes with FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY and a free book fairy guide to get you started!
Bookmark – This Book Fairy is Reading£5.00
Book Fairy Tote Bags£12.50
Stickers – English£4.00