The Book Fairies in the UK are working with Wordsworth Books to give away 100 copies of Black Beauty… just not in the normal way! This is now CLOSED
Celebrating Anne Sewell’s Birthday
This Monday, 30th March, is Anne Sewell’s birthday. This author created the classic that is Black Beauty, released in 1877.
The Book Fairies release copies
We had a plan to hide copies of Black Beauty in celebration of Sewell’s birthday today, but in the current circumstances we are turning this on its head – and inviting you to enter your details for your chance to get a copy.
The idea is for you to read the book during your time at home, then hide it later in the year when everyone is out and about again!
What will we use your details for?
We will randomly choose 100 winners, and in those cases we will use their UK address simply to send the book, bookmark and book fairy stickers. Everyone who enters their details will be added to our email newsletter, which has an opt-out option at the bottom.
When does this close?
This competition closes 12pm Tuesday 31st March, after which the winners will be randomly chosen. This is now closed.
When will the books go in the post?
The books will go in the post this week, or next, all being well. They will be send 2nd class and should fit through most letter boxes.
How to enter to win Black Beauty:
- You must complete the form below
- You must follow The Book Fairies and Wordsworth Books (links in Rules)
- You must share the competition – details of this will be on the ‘thank you’ screen after you complete the form
- When the 100 winners are drawn, each of their social media profiles will be checked for follow and mention
- UK Only
- One entry per household
- Closes 12pm Tuesday 31st March 2020
- Entrants must follow us on social media from whichever account mentioned on the form. Our profiles are instagram @bookfairies_uk, twitter @the_bookfairies and facebook /bookfairiesworldwide
- Entrants must also follow Wordsworth Books on social media from whichever account mentioned on the form. Their profiles are instagram @wordsworth_editions, twitter @WordsworthEd and facebook /wordsworth.editions
- Entrants must share the competition on the social media account they mention on the form, directing people to ibelieveinbookfairies.com/black-beauty