These honest stories about birth and parenthood are put together into a beautiful book, hidden today by book fairies!Continue reading
The Book Fairies were delighted to share some magic around the release of this wonderful new children’s book by Nadia Shireen!Continue reading
Copies of Weirdo by Zadie Smith and Nick Baird were hidden all around the UK by book fairies!Continue reading
Book fairies up and down the states had the opportunity to share this beautifully illustrated book for adults all around, near stunning murals, in Little Free Libraries, as well as at some recognisable spots!Continue reading
This classic fairy tale, retold by Beatrix Potter with illustrations by Helen Oxenbury, was hidden all around the UK by The Book Fairies!Continue reading
The Book Fairies have an exciting event planned to celebrate first-time writers in 2021!
The Book Fairies’ Debut Author Day Press Release
The Book Fairies’ “debut author day” set to spotlight new authors by hiding their books around the UK!
The Book Fairies are working with major publishers to generate some magic for debut authors who are missing out on the traditional routes to market. The #DebutBookFairies Day on Saturday 10th April is a chance for The Book Fairies to shout about some incredible new authors who are publishing books in 2021!
The Book Fairies, known for hiding books in public places for lucky finders, are gearing up for a large-scale, 500 book strong event to promote debut authors this year. As a result of the pandemic, new writers are no longer able to celebrate their books through the traditional channels such as bookshop events and festivals, so The Book Fairies have decided to dedicate a day to these new authors. This #DebutBookFairies event will be a fun way to share some magic and highlight great new reads for 2021! Book fairies all around the UK will be spending Saturday 10th April hiding a variety of titles in public places and sharing pics of their hiding spots on social media. Adapting to the pandemic, followers won’t be given clues, to avoid unnecessary trips.These free books will bring smiles to the faces of those out on an essential mission or out for some exercise!
The Book Fairies are planning another Debut Book Fairies day in November, however this might have to be brought forward as the demand has been overwhelming. Publishers are encouraged to get in touch if they have debut books for 2021 that they’d like hidden around the UK!
A full list of the titles The Book Fairies will be celebrating:
- We Are All Birds of Uganda by Hafsa Zayyan (Merky Books, Penguin UK)
- The Girl on the Platform by Bryony Pearce (Avon Books, Harper Collins)
- The Lake by Louise Sharland (Avon Books, Harper Collins)
- Heatstroke by Hazel Barkworth (Headline Books)
- The Secret Diary of a British Muslim aged 13 ¾ by Tez Ilyas (Little, Brown Book Group)
- The Accidental Diary of B.U.G. by Jen Carney (Penguin Books UK)
- The Mismatch by Sara Jafari (Arrow Publishing, Penguin UK)
- The Paper Palace by Miranda Cowley Heller (Viking Books, Penguin UK)
- Fragile Monsters by Catherine Menon (Viking Books, Penguin UK)
- Be Your Best Self by Danielle Brown (Button Books)
- Ariadne by Jennifer Saint (Headline Books)
- The Boy I Am by K. L. Kettle (Little Tiger Books)
- The Push by Ashley Audrain (Michael Joseph, Penguin UK)
- The Black Friend: on Being a Better White Person by Frederick Joseph (Walker Books)
- An Alien in the Jam Factory by Chrissie Sains (Walker Books)
- Saving Missy by Beth Morrey (Harper Fiction, Harper Collins)
- The End of Men by Christina Sweeney-Baird (Borough Press, Harper Collins)
- How to be a Hero by Cat Weldon (Macmillan Children’s Books)
This event is on Saturday 10th April 2021.
The Book Fairies, based in the UK, have over 10,000 book fairies around the world. Working with publishers, TV and film promoters, authors and literary institutions, The Book Fairies’ main objective is to get books to new readers in fun ways. The Book Fairies turned four this March and is excited to start a series of Debut Author Days in 2021.
Please get in touch via this form for comment!
The sun was out, the book fairies were out, The Great Big Egg Hunt began as Spring sprung!Continue reading
Book fairies in the UK were simply DELIGHTED to launch Just Like Me into the world by hiding copies and hosting an online event!Continue reading
The Book Fairies in the USA enjoyed hiding this treat for lucky finders!Continue reading
Olive had quite a trip across the pond from her home in London, to be hidden as part of the paperback release in the US and Canada!Continue reading