To celebrate the release of Four Kids and It, The Book Fairies have teamed up with Sky Cinema to get 475 copies of Jacqueline Wilson’s novel to lucky winners up and down the UK!
The Book Fairies giveaway of Four Kids and It
Four Kids and It, a film hitting Sky Cinema on Friday 3rd April, is based on Jacqueline Wilson’s Four Children and It, which is itself a retelling of E. Nesbit’s Five Children and It. We have a whopping 475 copies of this wonderful Sky Cinema edition of the book, and it’s a great read!
About the film:
New couple Alice (Patton) and David (Goode) take their less than enthusiastic children on a family holiday to a Cornish cottage to meet each other for the first time. The holiday takes an unexpected turn when, on the local beach, the kids discover a magical and very grumpy Psammead (Caine), a creature with the power to grant magical wishes. Unfortunately, they also run into local aristocratic oddball Tristan (Brand), who wants to capture the Psammead for his own gain. The ensuing adventure brings the new siblings together and helps them to accept their parents’ newfound happiness.
Four Kids and It – The Trailer
About the Book Fairies:
Book fairies are magical people who hide books in public (in usual circumstances!). Anyone can be a book fairy! All you need are some official stickers and off you go. Time at home is perfect for preparing books ready to hide once the restrictions are lifted and things are looking brighter.
Scroll down for all the details about how to get a free book!
What is the prize?
We have 475 copies of Jacqueline Wilson’s Four Kids and It up for grabs – and every single one contains a handwritten note from the author herself! Each book has a book fairy sticker affixed, ready for the book to be hidden when we are all out and about again. We’ve also included some stickers for you to become a book fairy with your own books, a bookmark and some ribbon!
What will we use your details for?
We will randomly choose 475 winners, and in those cases we will use their UK address simply to send the book, book fairy guide and book fairy stickers. Everyone who enters their details will be added to our email newsletter, which has an opt-out option at the bottom.
When does this close?
This competition closes 11:59pm Tuesday 7th April, after which the winners will be randomly chosen.
When will the books go in the post?
The books will go in the post week beginning 6th April. They will be sent 2nd class and should fit through most letter boxes.
How to enter to win a copy:
- You must complete the form below
- You must follow The Book Fairies (link in Rules)
- You must share the competition – details of this will be on the ‘thank you’ screen after you complete the form
- When the 475 winners are drawn, each of their social media profiles will be checked for follow and mention
- UK Only
- One entry per household
- Closes 11:59pm Tuesday 7th April 2020
- Entrants must follow us on social media from whichever account mentioned on the form. Our profiles are instagram @bookfairies_uk, twitter @the_bookfairies and facebook /bookfairiesworldwide
- Entrants must share the competition on the social media account they mention on the form, directing people to ibelieveinbookfairies.com/four-kids and including the hashtags #bookfairiesandit and #fourkidsandit