This is now closed!
Well done for finding this page! We are running a competition with 100 advance proof copies of Jasper Fforde’s The Constant Rabbit. Though it may look like a kids book… it’s not, so please only enter if you’re looking for a grown-up book!
About the book:
There are 1.2 million human-sized rabbits living in the UK.
They can walk, talk and drive cars, the result of an Inexplicable Anthropomorphising Event fifty-five years ago.
And a family of rabbits is about to move into Much Hemlock, a cosy little village where life revolves around summer fetes, jam-making, gossipy corner stores, and the oh-so-important Best Kept Village awards.
No sooner have the rabbits arrived than the villagers decide they must depart. But Mrs Constance Rabbit is made of sterner stuff, and her family are behind her. Unusually, so are their neighbours, long-time residents Peter Knox and his daughter Pippa, who soon find that you can be a friend to rabbits or humans, but not both.
With a blossoming romance, acute cultural differences, enforced rehoming to a MegaWarren in Wales, and the full power of the ruling United Kingdom Anti Rabbit Party against them, Peter and Pippa are about to question everything they’d ever thought about their friends, their nation, and their species.
It’ll take a rabbit to teach a human humanity . . .
About The Book Fairies:
Book fairies are simply people who love to share good books with others. Most likely, we would be found hiding books in public spaces and seeing the joy in someone’s face when they stumble upon a “book-fairy-ed” gift! However at the moment, we are trying new ways to share the joy. Anyone can be a book fairy!
What is the prize?
We have 100 advance proof copies of Jasper Fforde’s The Constant Rabbit – and every package contains a little Lindt Easter bunny, too! Each parcel has a bundle of book fairy stickers, so you can be ready for the book to be hidden when we are all out and about again. The extra stickers and book fairy guide is for you to become a book fairy with your own books!
What we we use your details for?
We will randomly choose 100 winners, and in those cases the publishers, Hodder & Stoughton, will use the UK address simply to send the book, chocolate, book fairy guide and stickers. Everyone who enters their details will be added to the book fairy email newsletter, which has an opt-out option at the bottom.
When does this close?
This competition closes 5pm Monday 13th April, after which the winners will be randomly chosen.
How to enter to get a copy:
- You must complete the form below
- You must follow The Book Fairies (link in Rules)
- You must share the competition – details of this will be on the ‘thank you’ text which will appear on this page after you complete the form
- When the 100 winners are drawn, each of their social media profiles will be checked for follow and mention
- UK Only
- One entry per household
- Closes 5pm Monday 13th April 2020
- Entrants must follow us on social media from whichever account you mention on the form. Our profiles are instagram @bookfairies_uk, twitter @the_bookfairies and facebook /bookfairiesworldwide
- Entrants must share the competition on the social media account you mention on the form, directing people to search for the rabbits on https://ibelieveinbookfairies.com and mentioning #TBFrabbit and #theconstantrabbit
THIS IS NOW CLOSED