Our US fairies are thrilled to be able to make SIXTY copies of this beautiful novel available to send to addresses all over the states!
Home is a Stranger Book Fairy Giveaway
Our first giveaway in May 2020, The Book Fairies are thrilled to open this up to households around the US. This fantastic new read from author Parnaz Foroutan is up for grabs for book fairy fans! AND – we will include a mini ‘book fairy guide’ and some book fairy stickers for you to prepare some other books to hide when we are once again out and about.
About the book:
New travel nonfiction from a break-out novelist and recipient of a PEN Emerging Voice fellowship that speaks to the immigrant and female experiences of America and Iran.
Unmoored by the death of her father and disenchanted by the American Dream, Parnaz Foroutan leaves Los Angeles for Iran, nineteen years after her family fled the religious police state brought in by the Islamic Theocracy. From the moment Parnaz steps off the plane in Tehran, she contends with a world she only partially understands. Struggling with her own identity in a culture that feels both foreign and familiar, she tries to find a place for herself between the American girl she is and the woman she hopes to become. Written with the same literary grace and passion as her fiction, Home Is a Stranger is a memoir about the meaning of desire, the transcendence of boundaries, and the journey to find home.
A note from the publishers: This is a beautiful story that takes a complicated look at immigration and one’s sense of home.
BOOK FAIRIES IN ISOLATION
We had planned some incredible book fairy activity around this release but we are staying home and resting our wings… ready to send the books in the mail!
… And so it is that just one amazing individual in the US is packaging up these 60 copies ready to be sent to the winners of our giveaway!
WHAT WILL THE FAIRIES DO WITH YOUR INFO?
We will randomly choose 60 winners, and in those cases we will use their address simply to send the book and book fairy stickers and guide. Everyone who enters their details will be added to our email newsletter, which has an opt-out option in the footer of every edition.
WHEN DOES THE GIVEAWAY CLOSE?
This competition closes 5pm central time on Sunday May 17, after which the winners will be randomly chosen.
WHEN WILL THE BOOKS BE MAILED?
The books will go in the post the following week, all being well. They will be send standard class and should fit in most mailboxes.
HOW TO ENTER
- You must complete the form below
- You must follow The Book Fairies and Chicago Review Press (links in Rules, as well as on the page that appears when you complete the form)
- You must share the competition – details of this will be on the ‘thank you’ screen after you complete the form
- When the 60 winners are drawn, each of their social media profiles will be checked for follow and mention
- Winners will be emailed within a week to let them know to expect their book in the mail!
- US Only
- One entry per household
- Closes 5pm central time Sunday May 17, 2020
- Entrants must follow us on social media from whichever account mentioned on the form. Our profiles are instagram @bookfairies_usa, twitter @the_bookfairies and facebook /bookfairiesworldwide
- Entrants must also follow Chicago Review Press on social media from whichever account you mention on the form. Links are in the ‘thank you’ part after you complete the form but just in case, their profiles are instagram: @ChiReviewPress, twitter @ChiReviewPress and facebook @ChiReviewPress
- Entrants must share the competition on the social media account they mention on the form, directing people to ibelieveinbookfairies.com/stranger